Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011

2011-05-26, Day 7


8:20
Ruben had a long talk with Kenji-san and Nakayama-san (the JAR stuff I was working with yesterday). I am not sure what exactly they were talking about since we hadn't much time in the morning but I think he made sure that they know about the bus driver and his polite demotivation. And in the morning Nakayama-san was talking to the driver. Let's see what it helped.
I'm quite happy to be working outside again. I like the change but of course I would have gone one more day to the office if it was needed but two Japanese girls go today. I find it a little inefficient to take four different people on two days since we know already what to do and could be more productive. But I'm the last to complain about this arrangement. I'm just wondering if the Japanese lady is ok with her knee.

9:00
When we stopped at the convini, I had a small talk with the driver. Looks like Nakayama-san's talk was kind of effective. Gosh, my Japanese sucks, I really have to study again. A two years break is a way too long!!!

16:15
We were at the same site as two days before (the others were here yesterday too… so they were at the same site 3 days in a row). Since I wasn't there yesterday, it was ok for me but some in the group were a little bored with it. A team of students joined us and I think we did all we could have done,... The rest must be finished by a machine.
Nyun-san gave us an interview today. At the moment we started another team finished it's lunch break. I hope the noises are not too disturbing. Nyun-san is the old man from Myanmar. I could listen to him forever.
I would have liked to have interviewed Kenji-san too. Yesterday he explained a lot to me about the volunteer work. For example that most of the streets we can see now were not there before but were built to make orientation and transport easier. He also said that the volunteer workers get sent through requests from the owner while the military and state organizations clean up public areas or areas where nobody else takes care off...
At the volunteer center, the bus driver again talked to me. Something about history and if I didn’t know Japanese history a little bit, I guess I would have been lost. I'll try to stay away from the driver now. He is a little bit scary. First he doesn’t talk to me in a week and now twice in one day. Doesn’t he see that I can’t speak Japanese :(
I think I'll take a nap now. I'm suddenly quite sleepy...

20:00
We had to move to another tent because we got ants. Couldn't they have waited one more day to move in?
I got a small cut on my knee today, so I couldn't stay long in the onsen. I had to hold my knee out of the water which must have looked a little strange to the other guests. It sounds silly but I think I'll get some knee protection for the next time I come... I spent nearly as many hours on my knees as on my feet I guess and having this little injury now doesn't feel good. And it was so stupid. I just ran into part of a corrugated iron roof. It was there the whole day. I stepped over it 100 times but the 101st time I just didn't lift my leg high enough. It is really just a small cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding until Mizue put some burning disinfectant liquid and a band aid. Normally I wouldn't mind it but with all this dirt. Better safe than sorry ne?  Between all this routine I guess I forget that it is in a way dangerous if you don't concentrate on your work and even if it is sometimes really boring, it's better to be 100% with the things you do instead of getting seriously injured.


 Here you can see how high the tsunami was... The highest floor has still it's balconies...



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen