Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011

2011-05-24, Day 5


7:15
We went to bed quite late yesterday. It was already 11pm (isn't it funny to say late for 11pm??). But 7 hours sleep is still so much more than I get in Tokyo that I have really no problems to get up in the morning. In a way I wish I could sleep in the bus like everybody seems to do. The two hours bus ride every morning and afternoon is getting quite long. Unfortunately my iPhone is most of the time out of range, so I can't really watch something online or do fb etc. I mean I can but it takes forever and one bus ride consumes 60% of my battery (it's almost 2 years old. If you get ever an iPhone take the battery warranty too. It's worth it).
The weather looks good today. It's a little bit cloudy. Hope the clouds help against the intensity of the sun. The JAR people really have to do something about the jackets. They are really not appropriate for this weather any longer.
I'm hungry (yes that’s a surprise since I'm a non-breakfast person since I was 14) but one more hour before we stop at the Lawson. We stop every morning around 8:30 there and every evening around 5:30pm we stop at a country side shopping mall in Hanamaki. It's quite convenient this way. You can buy everything you need for a good dinner. They have a lot of cooking things in the camp but if you ever want to come here I would recommend you bring/buy your own set of dish/bowl/hashi because in the camp there are just a few pieces of convini disposable cutlery. I mean it works but if you have space left in your suitcase...
Ok, now I killed 35 minutes bus ride, what to do now? Maybe I take some funny pictures of Ruben sleeping... hmmm...

16:20
The driver said we had to hurry more because he has problems to get into the parking space of his company. That means our working time gets even shorter. It's not like I'm not exhausted enough after the day but I do think if we drive more than 4 hours per day and work less than those 4 hours it's kind of wasting time. And if we had more breaks it would be possible to work 1 or 2 hours longer. Just a thought... I'm also wondering what kind of bus contract JAR has that they really want us to finish our work early. It's not like we are in holidays and having so much fun. I mean when we need 20 more minutes to finish up the work it is total nonsense not to do it. It's not like we are coming back the next day, we'll get assigned to a new place each time (at least until now).
Today we interviewed Lotte for our project and she said something I tried to say here before but she found better words. It's a real satisfaction to look at the things you did at the day. As student I almost forgot about the feeling to actually see what I worked for. For a student there are so few times when you can see your progress, your achievements but with this work you get the 'satisfaction' right away. And that's good!
Today we had some difficulties to find our assigned place. It was on a hill and the bus couldn't stop there. So we had to bring everything up the hill.
The first target was to clean up a field but it was done before the lunch break, so we helped his neighbour to clean up his garden. That was a lot of work. There were so many trees and bamboo and we had to clear them away or climb in-between them to get the trash.
Again we had to collect a lot of glass and therefore I spent some beautiful hours searching in the mud the guys got out of a drainage. I know it is important, but to be on the ground all the time is really boring and hard for the feet and the back. I can't understand how Japanese can do squatting for hours. My feet are dead after an hour and I usually end up kneeling... And I'm the only one :(
The weather was good today, at least good for our work. Most of the time it was cloudy and windy, just around lunch break the sun was shining which was quite a good timing.
So, super market, onsen, eating and then bed... Routine :)







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen