Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011

2011-05-22, Day 3


8.15
Today new people came to the camp. They quite looked like we did on the first morning... Totally sleepy and a little bit shocked about the accommodation. But today the camp looks especially bad. Even though the rain stopped yesterday during the day, it now looks like it will never end. I was freezing most of the night. Not because the sleeping bags aren’t good, it's because everything is wet and won't dry in this humidity...
This time they really should assign us for indoor work. There are more than 30 of us today and we could be really effective. But I guess since it's Sunday, there are a lot of volunteers in RT. I hope the weather gets better soon...

16:30
It was not that bad to work in the rain. I got a lot dirtier than the days before but it was nicely fresh and I enjoyed the short break from the sauna.
We were assigned to an area where not much work had been done before. The area seemed to be rice fields before but closer to the coast must have been houses. The trash mostly consisted of bigger things like wood (there was even a ship) etc. But in this way you could see better results than the days before. I really have the feeling we have done a lot today. The only thing which was really bad was the smell. There were a lot of shells, fishes and small animals and when the rain stopped it was really difficult for me not to be sick. The mud was a problem too, nearly lost my boots two-three times but still... It was a good day.
In the lunch break we talked to a 65 year old man from Myanmar... He told us so many things, it was really fun to listen to him. Maybe he could give us a speech in Sophia, he seems to be a full-time volunteer at the moment. Maybe we can ask him to give us an interview. I hope JAR allows this because they have a very strict policy about what we can publish... Some of the refugees left their countries because their life was in danger and I'm sure they wouldn’t be happy if we show their pictures around even if it is just to university students... We will see!
I think my coughing is getting worse, hope they have something in the super market which makes it better or my "tent mates" might be angry with me in the morning.
I'm so looking forward the onsen. I know I said it already yesterday but today it's even worse. Dirty AND frozen...









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen